Parish Activities, Organizations and Volunteer Opportunities
- Weekly Coffee Socials in Church Commons after Sunday
- 8 am daily mass – Monday through Friday in the chapel
(Friday in the church during school year)
- Adult Faith Formation Bible Study - Monday mornings in the Commons.
(Details in the Bulletin)
- Mother of Perpetual Help Novena after Tuesday daily Mass
- Rosary: after Friday daily Mass
- Eucharistic Adoration – first and third Fridays in chapel
- Faith Formation Program: Preschool, K-8, contact Patti Smiley 858-756-1911
- Youth Program: Grades 9-12 contact Mike James 858-756-1911
- RCIA Program (Rite of Initiation for Christian Adults) contact Mike James 858-756-1911
- Nativity School (P-8) - Principal: Paul Parker 858-756-6763
- Nativity Samaritans: community outreach providing meals, prayer, driving and parish support. Contact Patti Smiley 858-756-1911
- Child care in Commons nursery during Sunday Masses
- Contemplative Prayer in Holy Family Chapel: 9am Saturdays
- Nativity Mental Health Ministry 858 367 0049
- The Nativity Choir: rehearsal Sundays at 10 for 10:30 Mass
Are our parish service group. They provide meals for shut-ins, recuperating patients and bereaved families; transportation to medical appointments; a prayer chain for all purposes and friendly visits. If you have or know of a need or if you would like to offer your gifts as a Samaritan, please call Patti Smiley at 858 756-1911.
The Rite of Christian Initiation is based on the principle that the process of conversion proceeds gradually, in stages. Progress from one stage to the next is marked by a liturgical celebration in the midst of the parish community. The experience and needs of those in each category described above differ, and so the length of time may vary for each person. Nevertheless, there are certain similarities among all the groups and the process they will experience, and these can be listed as follows: Precatechumenate, Catechumenate, Purification and Enlightenment, and Mystagogy.